The William and Judith Bollinger Jewelry Gallery re-opens at London’s V&A, with an extraordinary exhibit that includes the Queen Victoria’s coronet designed for her by the Prince Albert
William and Judith Bollinger Jewelry Gallery re-opened to the public, inside the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, which has been closed for three months due to renovations. The reopening of the gallery coincides with the museum’s bi-centenary and for the occasion, it welcomes 80 new pieces, among which the precious diadem that Prince Albert designed and made for Queen. A wonderful gift, symbol of their love, which finally finds its place becoming part of the identity of the V&A. An object rich in history, made by Joseph Kitching in 1840, composed of diamonds and sapphires, stones that King William IV and Queen Adelaide gave to their granddaughter, Queen Victoria. Furthermore, on display, other significant jewels: 49 vanity cases created by prestigious fashion houses such as Cartier, Lacloche and Van Cleef & Arpels, which Kashima Bulsara donated to the museum in memory of her brother, Freddie Mercury.